Monday, November 23, 2015

The LEA 3 Entrance


By Gemma Cleanslate


You know that I visit the LEA sims often to check out the installations in each of the artist regions. Sunday I got a notice that Eupalinos Ugajin installed a bar near the entrance . Knowing his fun loving ways I went over to take a look. Though  looking like a normal drink serving one  it gives some interesting items when you click.  I say go see and collect. The ‘drinks’ are from friends of Eupalinos.  He also dropped some of his other pieces in the area that are interactive so click away. He always has fun items where ever he builds. I had fun opening the gifts and using them. 


I love his artist statement “My work explores the relationship between postmodern discourse and skateboard ethics. With influences as diverse as Kafka and Joni Mitchell, new insights are synthesised from both simple and complex layers. Ever since I was a student I have been fascinated by the traditional understanding of the human condition. What starts out as triumph soon becomes corroded into a carnival of futility, leaving only a sense of unreality and the inevitability of a new reality. As shimmering forms become frozen through diligent and diverse practice, the viewer is left with an insight into the darkness of our world.” Food for thought. 
 
I took a picture of the entrance to the LEA welcome area that shows most of the regions that are complete and  are open for visiting and this is how it looks when you start from the entrance . I enjoy doing that because you can tp right from the posters for each sim by clicking to get the slurl. You can choose your site to visit.
Gemma Cleanslate

No comments:

Post a Comment